Forsythia fruit is sometimes referred to as “Golden Bell” for the color and shape of its flowers. In Traditional Chinese Medicine it is typically associated with the heart, lung, and gallbladder meridians. It is taken to clear heat and detoxify the body, especially for the symptoms of sore throat and headache. Some evidence shows that forsythia may have antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is often combined with honeysuckle to maximize its benefits.
• Used internally for chills, fevers, headaches, muscle soreness
• High in oleanolic acid and is believed to be able to help maintain the heart muscle as well as the ability to help maintain healthy blood pressure
• Antiseptic, antimicrobial, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects.
• Studies show that Forsythia may have antiviral properties
• Supports cardiovascular heath, benefits digestive health, supports respiratory health and benefits the throat
• Used for swelling of small air passages in the lung (bronchiolitis), tonsillitis, sore throat, fever, and vomiting