Commonly known as Goji berries, this brightly colored fruit is native to China and has been used for more than 2,000 years as a medicinal herb and food supplement. The benefits range from glucose regulation and immune function support to anti-aging properties. Goji berries are high in healthy anti-oxidants which are known for their immune-boosting qualities which is why it is considered a superfood. Goji berries contain beta-carotene – an essential plant phytochemical. Beta-carotene is vital for eye health, bone health, skin health, and cell development and Goji berries contain the highest amount of all edible plants.
Goji berries are also known as lycium berries.
• Goji berries are high in Vitamin-C, fiber, iron, and Vitamin-A. They are an excellent source of protein and antioxidants
• Have long history of use in traditional medicine to fight off illness and infection
• May support immune function and healthy vision.
• Goji berries contain polysaccharides, which are long-chain carbohydrates that play a role in reducing blood sugar
• Often used in traditional Chinese medicine to regulate blood pressure levels