Also known as privet, ligustrum is a small evergreen-like tree native to China and eastern Asia. The shrub contains large clusters of white flowers with blueish-purple berries that are used for their medicinal benefits. It is used to treat poor vision, dizziness, insomnia, fever, and to increase immune function in cancer patients.
• Helps support weak kidney and liver
• Compounds in ligustrum extract may help to improve vision and prevent certain eye disorders including macular degeneration
• The fruits of ligustrum are antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-tumor, cardio-tonic, diuretic and tonic.
• Modern research has shown that the plant increases the white blood cell count in the body
• Used to treat poor vision, dizziness, fever, and insomnia, and to increase immune function in cancer patients