Ranging in color from white to pale red, poria is a type of fungus which usually grows on pine trees and has been cultivated for generations. In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), poria is considered to have neutral properties and is associated with the heart, lungs, spleen and kidney meridians. It is believed poria invigorates the spleen, relaxes the mind and expels dampness in the body.
• Contains chemicals and compounds that might improve kidney function, lower serum cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and suppress immune function
• Has antitumor and anti-vomiting effects
• Shown to be effective against type-2 diabetes
• Combats depression by increasing serotonin and dopamine
• Protects against atherosclerosis by reducing inflammation, cholesterol, triglycerides and oxidative stress