Widely cultivated outside of Northeast China, the root of Achyranthes, nicknamed “Ox Knee”, has been highly valued in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) for generations due to its amazing benefits. It is a species of flowering plant in the amaranth family and can be consumed either raw or cooked. It is associated with the liver and kidney meridians in the body, strengthening muscles and bones. It is used for treating waist and knee pain, weakness in the lower limbs and reducing painful swelling.
• Reduces itching, irritation, and skin rashes
• Helps improve digestion
• Provides excellent benefits to the liver and kidney areas of the body
• Promotes healthy blood circulation
• Strengthens muscles, bones, and connective tissues
• Potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-arthritic