Clematis is a non-climbing, leafy plant native to Europe and the flowers and root are used in a variety of herbal formulas and preparations. Traditionally used for rheumatism and bone disorders, today it is used to by the pharmaceutical industry for rheumatic pains, headaches, and varicose veins.
Clematis has a history in traditional medicine in the treatment of cold, sometimes damp, arthritis, muscle spasms (including leg cramps) and similar afflictions
• Used to treat joint pain (rheumatism)
• Helps ease pain in the body
• Used to treat wounds and heal skin conditions such as gout
• Helps lower fever
• Helps treat varicose veins
• Vascular tonic (vasodilator), relaxant nervine, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory