Dandelion flower and extract has been used historically to treat problems relating to the liver, gallbladder, kidneys and joints. The leaves and roots of dandelions are also used to treat constipation, indigestion and heartburn. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, dandelion is used when there are ailments caused by or to the liver – conditions such as hepatitis, jaundice and urinary tract infections.
• Evidence suggests that dandelion regulates and lowers blood sugar levels
• Helps boost the immune system and contains antiviral and antibacterial properties
• Promotes liver health and aids in digestion
• Dandelion contains bioactive compounds that may help lower a person’s cholesterol
• Contains extracts and compounds may help reduce inflammation