Fleece Flower Root
Chinese fleece flower is a perennial plant that particularly grows in China, Malaysia and Japan. It is a climbing herb, which can grow to 30 feet in height. The plant has red stems, heart-shaped leaves and white or pink flowers. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) uses fleece flower root extract to restore lost hair, treat premature graying of hairs, promote fertility, and prevent the aging effects. Being the native plant of China, it is known for its rejuvenating properties and is popular herbal medicine.
Fleece Flower Root is also known as Polygonum multiflorum, Fo Ti, and He Shou Wu.
• Traditionally used to increase liver and kidney function and to cleanse the blood
• For prevention of atherosclerosis (the buildup of fats, cholesterol and other substances in and on the artery walls). It has the capacity of preventing heart diseases by restricting the formation of plague in the vessels
• Especially effective for reducing the cholesterol level in the blood. It comprises chemicals called lectins, which are beneficial for the liver
• Has antioxidant properties and one study shows that it may protect your body from free radicals by neutralizing them.
• Contains a concentrated source of resveratrol that boasts long list of health benefits that include anti-inflammatory, cardiovascular health, lowering the blood sugar level, preventing joint diseases, eliminating certain types of cancers, eliminating kidney diseases, and improvement of athletic endurance
• Recent studies suggest that Chinese fleece flower has the potentiality of reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease