Licorice is a plant native to the Mediterranean and Western Asian regions. The roots have been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years to treat many ailments such as gastrointestinal problems, malaria, insomnia, and infections. It is known to promote strength and energy throughout the body while nourishing the heart.
• Used to treat heartburn, ulcers and acid reflux by by increasing mucus production in the stomach, soothing the stomach lining
• May help treat bacterial and viral infections. The phytochemicals slow down viral replication and hinder bacterial growth
• Studies have illustrated how licorice root can help in the treatment of certain forms of cancer
• Many compoundsin licorice root may help to reduce inflammation of the skin and other parts of the body.
• Research suggests that licorice extract may help kill bacteria in the mouth that cause tooth decay.