Radishes, a type of vegetable, are native to China and are very popular in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The seeds of the radish are cultivated and consumed either raw or after being dried out and crushed into a powder. Radish seeds are considered to have sweet and neutral properties, often being used for eliminating food retention or stagnation, acid reflux, abdominal pain, and to treat coughs accompanied by large amounts of phlegm.
• Rich in antioxidants and minerals like calcium and potassium which help lower high blood pressure and reduce your risks for heart disease
• Help the liver detoxify and heal against damage
• Radishes contain chemical compounds like glucosinolate and isothiocyanate that can help regulate blood sugar levels
• Excellent source of antioxidants like catechin, pyrogallol, vanillic acid, and other phenolic compounds
• Contains vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant to protect your cells from damage