Rehmannia root grows in parts of northern and northeastern China and has been used in medicine for over 2,000 years. Rehmannia is used for diabetes, anemia, fever, osteoporosis, obesity, diabetes, and allergies. It is renowned as a Kidney tonic herb which is believed to promote healthy aging and preserve youth by detoxing the body.
• Classified in TCM as a blood tonic and a kidney yin tonic
• Contains many bioactive compounds with strong antioxidant activity, protecting the body against the oxidative damage
• Counted as one of the 50 most important herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine
• Used to treat anaemia, palpitations, osteoporosis and adrenal fatigue
• Considered to be a cooling herb that has the ability to balance the “yin”, and is renowned as a longevity herb