Native to tropical and temperate climates of Asia, North America, and Europe, reishi can be found growing upon the dead and fallen logs of trees. It is often called the divine mushroom of immortality - its Chinese name, Ling Zhi, means "herb of spiritual potency" which refers its adaptogenic effects.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Reishi is known as a “three treasure” herb that harmonizes jing (life force), qi (energy) and shen (spirit).
• The antioxidant compounds found in reishi can help support the body against the age-accelerating and cell-damaging effects of oxidative stress
• Reishi is highly regarded for its support of the endocrine system, especially the adrenal cortex, helping to balance levels of stress hormones cortisol and adrenalin
• The triterpenes found in reishi mushrooms can support blood pressure and cholesterol management
• Cardiovascular support, a healthy stress response, healthy energy/stamina, overall wellness and immune health
• Helps to regulate the immune response to boost our body’s ability to fight infection while also helping to moderate inflammation
• Reishi also has documented benefits on liver health by protecting the liver from toxins