Chinese skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) is an herb commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine. A member of the mint family, skullcap is rich in nutrients including antioxidants known as flavones that reduce the effects of oxidative stress on various tissues in the body. In particular, Chinese skullcap contains baicalin and baicalein, two compounds that have been studied for a wide range of healing properties.
There are a number of different names that people use for Baicalin: Baikal Skullcap, Huang Qin, Chinese Skullcap and the Hooded Willow Herb.
• Studies have suggested that Biacalin has the potential for strong stress relief and relaxation benefits. Skullcap acts on the GABA receptors in your brain, which are your body’s natural relaxation receptors
• May have an ability to enhance memory and learning abilities
• Studies have suggested that Baicalin may have the potential to support healthy blood sugar levels
• Contains anti-inflammatory and anticancer compounds
• Has been shown to boost mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety.
• Powerful antiviral and antibacterial effects.
• Used to treat insomnia