Free shipping on orders over $50!
Nora Ross recognizes Stress Awareness Month
APR 5, 2020
Did you know that April is Stress Awareness Month?
April has been recognized as Stress Awareness month since 1992, and endocrinologist Hans Selye discovered stress in the late 1950s.
So what is stress?
All we know is that it's not pleasant to deal with and becoming more common. If you want the actual definition (according to stress.org), “there is no single definition for stress, but the most common explanation is a physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension.” Stress can cause feelings of sadness, frustration, and difficulty concentrating, and it can also cause physical strains such as headaches, muscle tension, and stomach problems, to name a few. Wow. Stress can really take a significant toll on our bodies!
It is important to take some time to recognize when we are feeling overwhelmed or frustrated or emotional/physical tension during a situation. More than ever, it is very common to fall under stress, given that we are living through a global pandemic. For this reason, it is essential to learn how to cope with our stress and find healthy ways to deal with these situations, as they will go a long way in living a healthy and positive life.
We all deal with stressful moments, but just know you're not alone.
Here are some tips on how to manage our stress:
- Breathe in, breathe out - the most helpful tip for sure! Taking a few minutes to close your eyes while inhaling and exhaling can take the pressure off within a few breaths.
- Relax your muscles - does anyone else feel really tight around the shoulders and neck when stressed? We know we do! Doing a few stretches or getting a massage can go a long way to loosen up.
- Exercise - Moving your body on a daily basis is one of the best ways to relax your body and mind. Also, exercise will improve your mood!
- Know when to take a break - It’s okay to take time to relax or do something you enjoy doing.
- Eat healthy and take the right supplements such as our Anti-Stress Treatment. Our supplement contains 12 herbal extracts that help maintain emotional stability, reduce anxiety and mental stress, promote concentration, restore the feeling of control, and even help address insomnia. It can also offer key, stress-related benefits, such as minimizing hair loss and keeping blood pressure levels steady.
Seek help if you need it - For a list of counseling hotlines, visit https://www.opencounseling.com/hotlines-us .
Shop our Anti-Stress Treatment